Friday, November 1, 2013

10 questions with the owner







We recently sat down with Brittney Denman, owner of A Cut Above Boutique and ShopACutAbove.com, to ask her ten questions about herself, her style and her life.  












Describe yourself in one sentence.  
I'm a 20 something southern brunette, lover of all things fashion and monograms.

When did you decide you wanted to open a boutique?  
When I competed for Miss Florida USA you had to look the part in every way.  This meant you always had to be cute and on trend, and you definitely didn't wear anything twice.  Unfortunately this meant it got extremely expensive very fast.  I had always wanted a career in fashion, but it was then that the light bulb went off in my head.  Why not have cute and on trend clothes that are affordable?  I took the idea and ran with it.


How would you describe your personal style?  
Casual chic.

What's your favorite fall outfit consist of?  
Since I live in Florida layering is definitely key.  It can be cool in the mornings and outright hot in the afternoons so I like to be able to take layers off as necessary.  Of course, scarves and cardigans are always a favorite.

What's one fashion trend that you hope never comes back?  
Two words: Fanny Packs


                                                                                    What is the favorite part about your job?  
It's pulling into my business everyday with a huge smile on my face because I have so much love for what I do.  It's such an incredible feeling everyday to be able to realize that dreams do come true. 


Besides A Cut Above (obviously), what are three other brands you incorporate into your wardrobe?  
Lilly Pulitzer, J Crew, and Tory Burch





What's your favorite quote? 
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."  Coco Channel


What's one thing we would be surprised to see in the boutique?  
My little four pound Yorkie, Coco!  You can find her little toys scattered across the warehouse between the racks of clothing.


What have you learned about yourself since opening in 2011? 
I've learned the definition of hard work and just how few hours of sleep I need in order to function.  :)    I've also learned that it's okay to make mistakes on occasion and what matters most is how you work through them.  Make the most of what you've been given by God, and through hard work and sheer determination you can accomplish any goal you set out for.



You can learn more about Brittney Denman, owner of A Cut Above Boutique
 on her personal blog - Diary Of A Southern Brunette or by following her on instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS